I have a few cuts on my right arm and some bruising from the door, some cuts and bruising on my right leg from the door, some on the under side of my thigh from the door, and some bruising on my left hip and leg from the center console. The window exploded next to me, and yet the side airbag protected me from nearly all the glass. As they cut me out of the car, huge pieces of window were falling in my lap (and consequently into my pants, where it would stay for sometime). I should have been more injured.
I have sort had mini epiphanies recently of everything I could not do, if my injuries were different.
If I broke or dislocated my wrist/arm/clavicle/shoulder, I wouldn't be able to walk. Walkers require two working and strong arms. I would be in a wheel chair.
If I broke my neck or spine, well we know what probably wouldn't work.
If I hurt anything on my left leg or hip, I would be in a wheel chair.
If I was in a wheelchair, I'd probably be in a rehabilitation center. Murphy would be who knows where, and not sure about Richie.
I wouldn't be sleeping in my own house, looking out over the lush back yard. I wouldn't have my own bathroom. I wouldn't have my own remote.
So I guess when people ask me how I am so positive, it's because I have thought about what I could NOT have, and I'll take my injuries over the alternative. I have a positive outlook on my recovery because I was fit when this happened and know I'll be fit while I recover and back with a vengeance when I can. I miss working out. A LOT. For now, I'll enjoy my small weights, doing curls and presses and flies, because I can.




No comments:
Post a Comment